System Mechanic Ultimate Defense offers protection from a wide array of modern threats to PC health and security, including password hacks, credit card theft, spying on your online habits, personal data selling, reputation compromise, ad-trackers, accidental file deletion, sensitive data theft, malware invasions, Windows security holes, bloatware and startup bottlenecks and PC slowdown induced by needlessly running background apps. Its control panel provides access to 7 products: System Mechanic, Privacy Guardian, ByePass, Malware Killer, System Shield, Search and Recover, DriveScrubber.
System Mechanic's major features allows you to:
- Run an analysis of your PC and see a snapshot view of your computer's condition. Choose Quick Scan or Deep Scan, depending how comprehensive a system analysis you wish to perform.
- View and repair any issues detected in the last analysis. You can choose to hide recommendations or see more details about them.
- Monitor system components that impact performance.
- Remove Internet junk files, private browsing data, Windows junk files, broken shortcuts and more, repair registry problems, remove unwanted applications from your system, as well as perform All-in-One PC Cleanup with a single click.
- Speed up your PC.
- Fix Windows security vulnerabilities and turn off intrusive Windows personal data sharing and other services.
- Install or uninstall the desktop file Incinerator - a military-grade trash that prevents deleted data recovery.
- Fix common PC problems that may be contributing to system instability.
- Restore your system to a previous state.
- Configure various hidden settings and customize Windows to your exact needs with the Super Control Panel.
- Designate issues you want System Mechanic to monitor and repair automatically within the ActiveCare menu.
- Automate the optimization of your CPU, RAM and storage drives with Real-Time Boost for regular, improved PC performance.
- Enable On-Demand Boost to temporarily turn off background services with one click to unleash more speed and power for focused tasks like gaming or rendering video.
- Manage your antivirus protection.
Privacy Guardian is a feature in System Mechanic Ultimate Defense you install as a web browser extension. It blocks access to your sensitive online data, device info and habits whenever you use the internet. The desktop app features a dashboard that lets you manage all of your Privacy Guardian settings, view attempts to track you and more, all in one convenient place. Privacy Guardian thwarts efforts to gain vast amounts of your personal information based on your search history, shopping habits and more. You can clear your browsing data as well as turn off cookie clearance for specific websites.
ByePass is a web browser extension that securely manages all your passwords across your devices, regardless of platform. ByePass features a remote universal logout function called Login Guardian that lets you log out of all websites from wherever you are. It also helps protect your online purchases by letting you encrypt and store credit cards that are only deployed as-needed when making online purchases, so hackers and keyloggers cannot steal them. A similar local encryption feature for writing notes enables you to store sensitive info securely, such as PINs. ByePass currently supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Edge.
Once a computer is already infected with malware, Malware Killer is the nuclear option you call upon to find and eradicate it. Malware Killer is the perfect complement to real-time protection, as it finds and eradicates malware when all else fails. To scan your PC, click Scan system now and select how broadly or narrowly you wish to scan your computer. You can scan the entire system, or choose specific files or folders to scan.
The System Shield menu is a shortcut to the features of the real-time AV protection. You can ensure real-time protection is enabled, view history and quarantined files and adjust settings like automatic virus definitions updates.
The Search and Recover menu lets you search for accidentally deleted files in order to try and recover them. You can point to a specific location you'd like to search, as well as determine the location you'd like recovered files to be saved to.
The DriveScrubber menu allows you to select an entire hard drive to wipe and set specifications for the precise wiping technique you prefer.
With all of these performance, protection and privacy products at your service, you'll unleash the full power of your computer, as well as keep it in pristine condition for maximum longevity. However you use your modern Windows machine, System Mechanic Ultimate Defense is ready to take you places whenever you're ready to go. Find more at https://www.iolo.com/products/system-mechanic-ultimate-defense/
Harold Jackson runs a large IT department where he regularly uses utilities like System Mechanic to automate many of the more repetitive and complicated parts of his daily routine.