"Let's Build Your Business Together"
Larry L Miller SEM/SEO Consultant
Using Search Engine Algorithms Effectively
Google looks for relevancy in links. If you're web site is about gardening, then by all means have some links regarding the subject of gardening. All links on your site does not have to be relevant to strictly gardening. There are varied opinions by professional marketers of what should be considered as the acceptable ratio of relevant links to non relevant links with the search engines. The majority of experts agree that an 80/20 ratio is acceptable with the engines. Of course the 80 percent of the links should be relevant links and the remaining 20 percent can be non relevant.
Google has a fairly complicated algorithm system established to determine if the linking in your site should be considered natural or commercial. Be very careful about putting links in your site just to enhance your rankings with Google. To avoid any penalties that the search engines may impose for link spamming you should always build links that will enhance your web site for the benefit of your reading audience. Posting to relevant blogs, forums and article directories will help you in your link popularity process. This action will generate organic links and search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing all love this type of linking.
Google probably has more insight into how the World Wide Web functions than most any other company that is internet related. They have the ability to do reverse engineering to determine if a site is selling links as well as any other questionable activity that will give any one individual or company an unfair advantage in the marketplace.
They have the ability to analyze the age of a domain, how long the domain has been in existence and if the domain has transferred ownership. They can determine very quickly if the site is a normal informational site or if the site is considered as commercial. They can even analyze how users view the site, how long they stay on the site and whether the users click on any links or not. There is nothing sacred when it comes to what the search engines can track in your web site.
Based on all the data that the search engines gather in this process the engines will then make a judgment and pass a ruling on their analysis even to the extent of removing the websites voting power. This simply means that your site may have thousands of outbound links, but none of the links will be considered as relevant and will not be counted. Unfortunately you will not get any notification from the search engines that the deletion actions have been taken. It's up to you to avoid any questionable activities as well as avoid penalties imposed by the search engines.
Frequency of links being added to your site could be a trigger to the search engines that something questionable is happening on your site. If you place a huge number of links on your web site one day and don't put anymore links on for a week or two this is a red flag to the search engines that there may be problems developing that could well become an non-complient issue in the future.
Consistency in all of your online activities is important to the search engines. If you've been placing links in your articles for awhile and then all of a sudden those articles and link cease, this could be a red flag to the engines and this will trigger an analyzing action regarding these questions within their algorithm system. Depending on the answers their algorithms system formulates then the necessary action deemed appropriate by the search engines will happen immediately. Be very careful on your consistency and don't give the search engines a reason to question your motives and actions.
I trust some of these words of advice will help you to earn high positions on Google, Yahoo, Bing and other fine search engines. Hopefully some of these ideas will help you avoid any and all questionable activities that the search engines frown upon. The main thing to remember is to avoid even trying to scam the search engines. It will come back and haunt you forever. Once you've been banned by the search engines, it's virtually impossible to regain your good name ever again whether your errors were intentional or not.
The eBiz Solutions Team is standing by to assist you in your online marketing efforts. If you don't understand all the issues discussed above then give us a call for a free 30 minute "no obligation" consultation and let's discuss your marketing solutions.
"Let's Build Your Business Together"
Larry L Miller SEM/SEO Consulting
Private Line: 321-594-4405
Author Resource: Larry L Miller - SEM/SEO Consultant who specializes in promoting clients to "Top Positions on Google" and other leading search engines. Mr. Miller is the promotions director for BLM Traders the leader in Automated Marketing Systems. Private Line: 321-594-4405, Skype: larrylmiller121
Article Provided By: Larry L Miller Article Directory